Monday, August 9, 2010

Who Cares?


A barren land. Desolation. Suffering. Need.

That's nothing new. We are surrounded by it. Yesterday it was an earthquake across the seas, tomorrow it will likely be a break-in down the street. We are bombarded by the news reports until we feel our middles grow cold. It is easy to stop caring. Why should I bother with their problem when I have my own to worry about?

Does God even care?

Perhaps you've wondered.

I believe He does. But looking at the barren landscape won't give you that assurance. There is no question that the ground is dry. What we need to be asking is,
where is the water? Instead of looking to your resources, I want to invite you to dip into a far greater supply.

This blog isn't just another report about real people and real needs. It is also about a real God who is able to satisfy the cry of the thirsty. I trust it will be an encouragement to you and inspire you to care again... simply because there is One who cares about you.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Aunt Laura,

    this is very encouraging to me.
    i have had many moments where i
    feel like nobody cares. then i
    realize 3 people who care. my mom, dad, and God do care.

    Emma

    ReplyDelete